FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Discover Canyon Salto Cabrito to enjoy nature at its best! The local pros from Picos de Aventura will make sure that your adventure is conducted in a safe environment, still being an exciting adventure. No previous experience is required so if you are curious how canyoning looks like, don't hesitate to try it with us. High waterfalls, lush vegetation and transparent freshwater await you in the canyon. We are looking forward to meeting you in Ponta Delgada!
We meet in Caldeiras da Ribeira Grande. There, you get to know your guide and the rest of the participants. Next, we equip you with the complete canyoning gear, brief you about the safety rules and walk for about 30 min to start the tour.
Our tour consists waterfalls with the highest one measuring 15m, small walking section till reaching the deeper part of the canyon. There, we make a stop when you can eat the lunch you brought with you. Before the end of the tour, we pass a few more waterfalls, the last one being the most known one - Salto do Cabrito, which is a natural amphitheatre.
After an exciting tour, we exit the canyon and drive back to Ponta Delgada or to your car.
- Canyon: Salto do Cabrito (Difficulty level: easy)
- Description: the canyon is known for its crystal water and lush vegetation. The highlights of the canyon are an old hydroelectric plant, hot spring fumaroles and many high waterfalls.
- Route: Salto do Cabrito
- Distance: 2km
- Total duration: 4hrs
- Time in the canyon: 2.5hrs
- Abseiling height: 15m
- Jump height: 10m
- Complete high quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, neoprene socks, isotherm protection)
- High class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Collective material (strings, transport bag)
- Optional: Transfer to the point of entry and back to the base
- Shoes with hard soles (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Clothes to change
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Physical health
- Swimming ability