/ day (7hrs)
At our diving centre in Av. dos Náufragos (Haliotis Sesimbra, Porto de Abrigo de Sesimbra, 2970-152 Sesimbra)
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
There is no better place than the Setúbal peninsula to become a certified diver. With the PADI Open Water Diver programme, Haliotis Sesimbra offers you the possibility to take part in the world's most popular certification course. On the way to becoming an independent scuba diver, you practice all the necessary basics in our pool before you set out to discover the fascinating subaquatic world of the Arrábida Natural Park. Get ready to see the diversity of marine life in the Atlantic while exploring the bay of Sesimbra alongside your experienced instructors.
Goal of the course
As a globally recognized certification, the PADI Open Water Diver allows you to dive independently with a dive buddy and purchase or rent diving equipment anywhere. During the course, you will acquire all the practical skills and theoretical knowledge you need to dive safely.
Meeting & Preparation
We meet in our dive centre in Sesimbra at the agreed time. Here, you will get to know your instructors, change your clothes and receive suitable scuba diving equipment. We start the course with a theoretical introduction to the basics of scuba diving.
- Day 1: 2 Theory Lessons + Practice in the Pool
- Day 2: 2 Theory Lessons + Practice in the Pool
- Day 3: Theory Lesson + 2 Open Water Dives
- Day 4: 2 Open Water Dives
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 5 Theory Lessons
- 5 Practice Dives in the Pool
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Learning material
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Light snack between the open water dives
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability