Join us for a day off the beaten track amidst New Zealand's unique nature. If you're looking for some fun and relaxed white water rafting from Christchurch, our Lower Rangitata trip including pick-up is the ideal choice. Suitable for everybody aged 5 and over, a splashing adventure with easy grade 2 rapids, topped off with an authentic Kiwi BBQ, awaits your whole family.
Tour programme- Preparation:
For your rafting with Christchurch transfer, we pick you up at one of our 5 pick-up locations* in Christchurch
and take you to our base in Peel Forest near Geraldine. The drive takes about 2 hours.
Once you arrived, you meet our team and get all the necessary equipment. As soon as everybody put on their wetsuit we drive to the river in our vehicles. Before we get in the water, your experienced guide will give you a detailed safety talk
to prepare you for the trip.- Tour:
We start our tour on mostly flat water, where you can get used to paddling. The Lower Rangitata takes us through beautiful scenery which can be admired from the raft. Along the way, we come across many grade 1 and 2 rapids
that provide for a lot of fun and splashing water. If you want, you can also go for a refreshing swim
during one of the calmer parts of the river.- Return
At the end of the tour, we will be picked up and taken back to our base. While you change and take a hot shower, we prepare a classic Kiwi BBQ
with delicious South Canterbury sausages, coleslaw and potatoes for you. Now it's time to relax, enjoy some great food, and check out the photos of your adventure. At the end of the day, we take you back to Christchurch.
- River: Lower Rangitata (Difficulty level: Class II)
- Description: The lower section of the glacially-fed Rangitata River combines beautiful scenery with fun rapids, making it ideal for a relaxed day out in New Zealand's stunning nature.
- Distance: about 9 km
- Total duration: 4 hrs
- Time on the river: 1.5 hrs
- Participants per boat: up to 7
- High-quality raft
- Rafting and safety gear (wetsuit, thermals, fleeces, windbreaker, booties, flotation vest, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Pick-up from Christchurch and return
- Transfer from our base to the river and back to the base
- Classic Kiwi BBQ
- Optional: Photos (per boat; up to 7 people can share the same set of photos)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 5 years
- Physical health
*Christchurch pick-up locations
- Top 10 Holiday Park, Papanui
- Sudima Hotel Carpark, Christchurch Airport
- All Stars Inn on Bealey
- Canterbury Museum, Christchurch Central
- Dress-Smart, Hornby