Get to know the northernmost part of Portugal and go rafting on the Minho River! Work together as a team to overcome the powerful rapids, whirlwinds and waves the river will throw at you. But don't worry! Rafting on the Minho River is an experience anyone can partake in, from age 8 to age 90. Come to Melgaço and make a splash! We look forward to sharing this amazing experience with you.
Tour programme- Preparation:
Meet us at Melgaço sports center
approximately half an hour before your chosen start time
. We depart twice a day at 9:00 am and at 2:00 pm. At the sports center, you will receive all the necessary equipment and get to know your guide who will brief you on what to expect and how to stay safe. From the sports center, we will head down to the river together to get started with the tour. Depending on the size of the group, we will either take a raft for 6, 8 or 10 people
. - Tour:
On the river, you will paddle along a mixture of thrilling white water rapids that require teamwork in order to keep the dinghy steady, and calmer stretches that allow you to take in the beautiful surroundings.- Return:
After approximately 2 hours on the water, the tour ends and you'll be driven back to our base where you can shower and change into a dry set of clothes.
- River: Minho River (Difficulty level: Class II)
- Description: Minho River, on the northern tip of Portugal, partly forms the border between Portugal and Spain. The river is considered an easy river for white water rafting on which people of all ages and skill levels will enjoy some thrilling white water rapids as well as calm stretches to marvel at the beautiful surroundings.
- Total duration: 3h
- Time on the river: 2h
- Participants per boat: 6, 8 or 10
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, socks, life jacket, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Showers/Changing rooms
- Snack and a glass of wine
- Pair of shoes that may get wet
- Minimum age: 8 years (with parental consent)
- Minimum age to participate alone: 18 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability