This varied via ferrata on the Postalm combines pure action with peaceful relaxation in nature. After crossing the idyllic forest, no less than five shaky rope bridges will require brave steps. The steep wall at the end of the strenuous climbing route takes a lot of effort to ascend and should therefore only be attempted by experienced climbers. Master this adventurous climbing route with the support of our certified mountain guide and explore the fascinating landscape in the heart of the Postalm!
You drive by car on the toll road either from Strobel or Voglau/ Abtenau to the Postalm. There, you will meet your certified and experienced mountain guide at the booked start time, who will hand out the equipment if required. Afterwards, we leave one car at the Postalm and drive down to the start of the via ferrata in the other car. Before we start, you will receive a detailed introduction to the route and some important safety guidelines.
At the very beginning of the via ferrata, you will already get a small taste of the adventurous route by crossing the first of a total of five shaky rope bridges. The deeper we enter the gorge, the more challenging the passages to be mastered become. On our tour, we cross the rushing Russbach several times before we climb up the steep "Gamsleckenwand" at the edge of a waterfall. At the end of the via ferrata, a slightly overhanging cliff demands our concentrated strength once again. After a short rest, we start the descent, which runs along an idyllic hiking trail.
After about 3-4h, we reach the Postalm again. There, the cosy huts offer the perfect opportunity to enjoy a well-deserved refreshment. Then we will drive back to the entrance with one car, to pick up the other one.
- Mountain: Postalm
- Description: The picturesque Postalm at an altitude of 1000 to 2000 m is the largest connected alpine pasture area in Austria and offers a breathtaking natural experience for hikers and climbers alike.
- Total duration: 4h
- Duration of the via ferrata: 3h
- Difference in altitude: 500m
- Endurance: 3 (1-5)
- Level of difficulty: D (A-F)
- Certified guide
- Planning and organization of the tour (weather/ conditions)
- Via ferrata set on demand
- Backpack with: water, snack (for little break at the top), spare shirt, light raincoat
- Hiking boots
- Via ferrata set (sling, shock absorber, 2 elastic strings and 2 carabiners)
The equipment can be rented as required. Please let us know in advance what you would like to rent.
- Minimum age 14 years
- Physical health
- No fear of heights