Do you want to spend an action-packed day on one of the most impetuous torrents in the Southern Alps? Then this chance to go rafting on the Ubaye with our white water cocktail will meet your expectations. You have the possibility to go on the same easy section of the river twice, once in the morning and again in the afternoon, trying out different activities: rafting, canoe-raft, or hydrospeed... Thrills, physical effort and laughter will fill your day!
Tour Programme- Preparation:
We meet at our office in Le Lauzet-Ubaye
at the booked time, where we will get you equipped while getting to know each other. You will then be given a security demonstration by a state-certified guide before being taken to the start of the tour.- Tour:
Rafting, canoe-raft, hydrospeed... The choice is yours! To each craft its own different sensations and special features. Why not start the day gently with rafting? After a picnic break by the riverside, with your newly acquired experience, you can try a more physically demanding activity, such as canoe-raft, an inflatable canoe that is manoeuvred by two people, or hydrospeed, directly in contact with the water.- Return:
Once the second tour is complete, it will be time to take you back to our base by bus where you can recover from all the excitement and regain your strength.
- River: Ubaye (Difficulty level: moderate, class III-IV)
- Description: The Ubaye river is a tumultuous 50km mountain stream, known for its rapids (more than 60!), making it a renowned whitewater sports destination throughout Europe.
- Distance: 2 x 9km
- Total duration: 7hrs
- Time on the river: 2 x 1.5h
- High-quality raft
- State-certified guide
- High-quality rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, socks, life jacket, helmet)
- Transfer to starting point / back to the base
- Second pair of trainers (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 12 years old in spring (due to higher water flow), 8 years old in summer
- Swimming ability
- Physical ability