We meet at the corner of Uferstrasse and Grüngürtelstrasse in 50996 Köln-Rodenkirchen.
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
A rafting tour gives you the chance to experience the Rhine river in a very special way. This tour is just the right thing if you are looking for an adventure for the whole family or a group of friends. It is also ideal for company events and stag parties. A special highlight is the breathtaking view of the Cologne skyline including the famous Cologne Cathedral.
Our meeting point is located on an idyllic sandy beach in Rodenkirchen. It is easy to reach by public transport and is located two minutes from the "Uferstrasse" stop. If you arrive by car it is best to park on Uferstrasse, corner Grüngürtelstrasse.
After receiving the equipment (life jacket, helmet and paddle) we start with a short training and then we go to the boats. First, we will get to know our boat and paddle into the bay.
Afterwards, we plunge into the adventure and have to master an exciting passage right at the beginning. We cross the shipping line to reach the "Schäl Sick" on the right bank of the Rhine. After about half an hour there is a well-deserved break at the bollard meadows. After the break, numerous fascinating views of Cologne's skyline, the cathedral, the chocolate museum team, the Rheinau heap and numerous other imposing buildings that present themselves in a very special light from the Rhine await us.
Our exit point is at Zoobrücke bridge. From here you can return to the starting point by public transport.
- River: Rhine (difficulty level: class I-II)
- Description: The multi-faceted section between Rodenkirchen and Zoobrücke captivates with its unusual views of Cologne's imposing skylines including Cologne Cathedral.
- Route: Rodenkirchen to Zoobrücke
- Distance: 9km
- Total duration: 2h - 2h30min
- Time on the river: ~1h45min - 2h
- High-quality raft
- Life jacket, helmet, paddles
- Waterproof backpack
- Qualified rafting guide
- Suitable sporty, durable clothing (microfibre, rainproof, robust)
- Rain trousers/rain jacket
- Sturdy footwear that can get wet
- Change clothes/shoes (if possible, leave them in the car at the destination)
- Sun protection
- Spectacle band
- Garbage bag (start and finish are in the protected landscape area!)
- Minimum age: 10
- Swimming ability
- Average athletic condition
- No alcohol consumption before and during the tour
Rafting provider with certified rafting guides
Wupperkanu is a rafting provider with officially certified rafting guides