The Haut-Chassezac is a canyoning course full of challenges. With jumps, slides and (mandatory) abseiling, you need to be fit to take part but experience is not necessary. The descent requires a little technique but your certified guide will help and advise you every step of the way.
Altogether, we will roam 3km and be in the canyon for 6hrs plus a lunch break, which we will enjoy by the water. You will have plenty of time to admire the gorgeous landscapes with granite rocks and greenery typical of the Cévennes.
Meeting point is at La Garde Guérin (further explanations on how to get there to be discussed after the booking is completed). The guide will be waiting for you there with the equipment for the outing.
Once ready, we will walk for 20min before reaching the canyon. Our journey in the water will last 6hrs, split between morning and afternoon with a lunch break. The route we will be following is quite sporting: about 5 jumps up to 10m, a mandatory abseiling of 8m as well as slides and swimming times. The tour will end after 3 challenging kilometres and a 45min return walk.
We will be back at La Garde Guérin in the late afternoon.
- Canyon: Chassezac Canyon (difficulty level: difficult)
- Description: complete and grandiose, the Haut Chassezac is one of the pearls of the Cévennes.
- Route: Entrance from "Le Moulin" up to the 4th exit (blue colored)
- Distance: 3km
- Total duration: 8hrs
- Time in the canyon: 6hrs
- Abseiling height: up to 12m
- Jump height: up to 15m
- Complete high quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, life jacket, shoes)
- High class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Glasses lace
- Water (1 liter per person)
- Picnic (ideally sandwich and cereal bar)
- GoPro (optional)
- Minimum age: 14 years old
- Minimum weight: 45kg
- Physical health
- Swimming ability