Has it always been your dream to steer a paraglider yourself? Now you can let it come true. The basic course is the first important step on your way to becoming an independent pilot. From experienced flight instructors you will learn how to handle a paraglider and after a few short flights you will soon be able to take on your first high-altitude flight from Bischling. Here in Pongau you will find ideal conditions to learning paragliding.
You start the course with your first exercises for take-off, steering and landing. A solid basic theoretical training in the fields of meteorology, flight practice, aerodynamics, air law and equipment science should of course not be missing. You complete your first short flights with up to 60m altitude difference on the practice slope and learn how to take off, fly curves and land. Then the first high-altitude flight is already waiting for you. You will be supported by experienced flight instructors via radio both at the take-off and landing site. If you don't want to fly alone in the beginning, you can take on the first high-altitude flight with a tandem pilot and do steering exercises under his direct supervision.
- Duration: Course duration: depending on flight conditions 5-6 days, 5-6h each (on 2 days 10h)
- Theory: meteorology, flight practice, aerodynamics, air law and equipment knowledge
- Practice: running, starting and landing exercises
- Min. 5 high-altitude flights
- High-quality flight equipment
- Licensed, certified instructor
- Training materials, flight log
- Examination fee
- Pilot's license (training confirmation)
- Solid footwear
- Durable clothing depending on weather conditions
- Gloves, especially in the cold season
- Money for lift ticket
- Minors need the consent of their parents.
- Minimum-/Maximum weight: 25 / 100kg
- Physical health