At the official canoe entry point in Istein, near the Isteiner Klotz.
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
This tour is the right choice for those who already have some paddling experience and are ready for an adrenaline rush. The action-packed thresholds on this section of the Altrhein will not disappoint you. The nature on the banks of the river offers the perfect atmosphere for your tour.
We meet at the official canoe station in Istein below the Isteiner Schwellen, where you will get your SUP equipment. The meeting point is easily accessible by public transport from the entire border triangle. After a short briefing by the guide, the paddling starts. The Rhine, which is a bit wilder on this section, will take you to Bad Bellingen. The end point of the tour is also well connected to public transport and you can easily get home or back to your car. Alternatively, you can form car pools and leave a car at the end point of the tour in advance.
- River: Rhine (difficulty level: class I-II)
- Description: One of the longest rivers in Europe, the Rhine is also known for the beautiful landscape that surrounds it.
- Route: Istein to Bad Bellingen
- Distance: ca. 11km
- Total duration: 2h30min-3h
- Time on the river: 3h30min-4h
- High quality board and paddel
- Life jacket
- Certified tour guide
- Neoprene suit (available at extra cost)
- Waterproof packsack (available at extra cost)
- Quick-drying clothes
- Sun protection
- Water or sports shoes that fit firmly on the foot
- Minimum age: 9 years
- Swimming ability
- Previous paddling experience is an advantage but not absolutely necessary