Escape the typical holiday routine and experience something new with your family and friends! Learn what it feels like to breathe underwater and see what Malta's unique submarine landscape has to offer with the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course. Our experienced team will take you on an exploratory try dive at the Merkanti Reef in St. Julian's and show you what scuba diving is all about.
Goal of the course
The goal of the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course is to teach you the basics of scuba diving. While under constant supervision from a qualified PADI instructor, you will find out what it's like to wear scuba diving equipment and how to properly move through the water in it. Moreover, you will learn to breathe through your regulator and acquire some basic skills needed to complete a full diving certification, if you should choose to do so after your try dive.
Meeting & Preparation
At 8 am, we meet directly at our base at the Westin Dragonara Resort, where we will check you in and ask you to fill out the PADI medical statement. Once done, we'll equip you with your scuba gear for the day and you're ready to hit the pool for the first practice session.
- Day 1: Practice in the Pool + Open Water Dive
- 1 Practice Dive in the Pool
- 1 Open Water Dive
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Dive Computer
- Transfers & Pick-up from hotel (if in St. Julian's)
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability