Find out with Haliotis Faial why the PADI Open Water Diver is the world's most popular scuba diving certification! The clear waters of the Azores offer ideal conditions for your first dives and give you many possibilities to explore the underwater world around Faial Island. After practising the basics in our pool, you are ready to board our diving boat "Lioti" and head to the best diving sites of the area for your first open water dives. Get ready for your adventure and lay the foundation for a lifelong passion!
Goal of the course
As a globally recognized certification, the PADI Open Water Diver allows you to dive up to 18m with your diving buddy as well as to purchase or rent diving equipment anywhere. During the course, you will acquire all the practical skills and theoretical knowledge you need to dive safely. You will receive access to the PADI e-learning material in advance and can complete the knowledge development sessions online. In this way, you have more time to focus on practical exercises while you are in the diving centre.
Meeting & Preparation
We meet at our diving centre located in the Faial Resort Hotel in Horta. Here you meet your guides, receive the diving equipment and can use the changing rooms. As soon as everybody is ready, we start the course with a short theoretical introduction.
- Day 1: Practice in the pool
- Day 2: 2 Open Water Dives
- Day 3: Practice in the pool + 1 Open Water Dive
- Day 4: Practice in the pool + 1 Open Water Dive
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 5 online knowledge development sessions
- 5 practice sessions in the pool
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- E-Learning material
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Light lunch and water on the boat
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Physical health
- Swimming ability