Take the chance to your diving skills with Haliotis Faial during your stay in the Azores. Starting from Horta on Faial Island, we can easily reach the most spectacular sites for your adventure dives. While trying out different specialities of diving, you gain confidence underwater and gather valuable diving experience in the volcanic surroundings. During your five open water dives, you may even be able to swim with the impressive Blue Shark, which is commonly sighted in the area.
Goal of the course
This program helps you improve your diving skills and develop even more confidence underwater while diving to depths of up to 30m. You also have the opportunity to get to know different areas of diving and find out what you like best. The two adventure dives "Deep Diving" and "Underwater Navigation" are an obligatory part of the course and in addition, we offer the adventure dives "Peak Performance Buoyancy", "Wreck Diving" and "Search & Recovery".
Meeting & Preparation
We meet at our diving centre located in the Faial Resort Hotel in Horta. Here you meet your guides, receive the diving equipment and can use the changing rooms. As soon as everybody is ready, we start the course with a short theoretical introduction.
- Day 1: Deep Dive + Under Water Navigation Dive
- Day 2: Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive + Wreck Dive + Search & Recovery Dive
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- E-Learning material
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Light lunch and water on the boat
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Physical health
- Certified Open Water Diver