At our dive centre (Frinis 20, Nea Makri 190 05) or individual arrangement after the completed booking
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Next available dates:
total for 1 participant
for 1 participant
The PADI Open Water Diver certification is one of the most famous certifications in the world and the perfect way to start your diving journey with a complete course that will allow you to acquire extensive knowledge about diving. With a certificate like this one, you will have the possibility to explore the wonders and mysteries of the Seven Seas! But every journey must start somewhere so why not start it here, in Nea Makri, with the experienced instructors of Kanelakis Diving Experiences? Just 45 min away from Athens you will make your diving debut surrounded by the treasures of the Mediterranean Sea and its colourful subaquatic wildlife. A truly unforgettable experience.
Goal of the course
The PADI Open Water Diver certification will allow you to dive up to 18m everywhere in the world with a diving buddy. You'll be able to rent equipment and continue your diving career with more specialized certifications.
Meeting & Preparation
We meet directly in our dive centre at the booked time. If you're using public transport, we will pick you up at the bus stop in Nea Makri. We can also arrange a pick-up from your hotel if you are staying in the surroundings of Nea Makri, Mati and Marathon. After you arrive, we will take some time to fill out the necessary papers. Afterwards, you will meet your instructor and be provided with your equipment. When everyone is ready, the course will begin.
- Day 1: Theory Lesson + Practice in confined water + Open Water Dive
- Day 2: Theory Lesson + Practice in confined water + Open Water Dive
- Day 3: Theory Lesson + Practice in confined water + Open Water Dive
- Day 4: Theory Lesson + Practice in confined water + Open Water Dive
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 5 Theory Lessons
- 5 Practice Dives in confined water
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- DAN insurance
- Transfers & Pick-up from hotel (surroundings of Nea Makri, Mati, Marathon)
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- No flight within 24 hrs prior to the dive
PADI Dive Center
Kanelakis Diving Experiences uses the PADI System of diving education and offers courses as well as rental equipment that meet the international PADI standards.