SSI's Open Water Diver course is known and recognized worldwide, giving you the best start to your diving career! The Aquanautic Elba team works very professionally and will teach you how to dive in a relaxed way. You will also be able to explore one of the most beautiful underwater landscapes of all of Europe in Elba.
Goal of the course
The aim of the course is to acquire the basic diving certificate. This is recognized worldwide and allows you to complete dives and rent or buy equipment. Theory modules, as well as practical exercises in the water and dives up to 18 m depth, enable you to build up self-confidence underwater until the end of the course.
Meeting & Preparation
Meeting point is at the booked time at the diving centre of Aquanautic Elba in Morcone. There you will meet your instructor and get the equipment before you start the theory session.
- Day 1: 2 Theory Lessons + Practice in shallow water + 1 Open water dive
- Day 2: 2 Theory Lessons + Practice in shallow water + 1 Open water dive
- Day 3: Theory lesson + Practice in shallow water + 1 Open water dive
- Day 4: Theory lesson + 1 Open water dive
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 6 Theory Lessons
- 6 Practice Dives in confined water
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Certified SSI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Dive Computer
- Learning material
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability