This short 1-hour canoe tour on the Dronne river to the Grenier mill will allow you to quietly explore the natural beauties of the Périgord Vert. You will paddle back and forth from our base located next to Brantôme and you will be able to discover the fauna and flora of this typical river of the Dordogne. With friends or family, canoeing is the ideal option for those who are looking for a sporting activity that is accessible to everyone in an exceptional setting.
We meet at our base 1km from Brantome. You will find a large free car park on the spot. You will be greeted by our team who will give you your equipment (boat and life jacket) and explain the safety instructions. Then, it's time to hit the water.
You will paddle quietly along the Dronne river, passing under the vegetal arches formed by lime and ash trees growing on the banks. Forget all your worries and enjoy the serene setting of the river until the Moulin de Grenier, located about 2km from our base, one of the testaments of the river's past revolving around wood and especially chestnut wood. Once you reach the watermill, it is time to turn back.
You will return to the base approximately 1 hour after leaving. On site you can then enjoy our picnic area if you wish. Don't miss to visit the nearby village of Brantôme with its abbey!
- River: Dronne (Difficulty level: Class I)
- Description: the Dronne is the emblematic river of the Périgord Vert. Its calm flow makes it an ideal river for canoeing, discovering its biodiversity, its heritage, with villages of character like Brantôme, and its past activities with its many mills.
- Route: round trip from the base to the mill of Grenier
- Distance: 4km
- Total duration: 1.5h
- Time on the river: 1h
- Number of people per canoe: up to 3
- Canoe or kayak, paddles, life jacket
- Car park at the base
- Waterproof container
- Dogs allowed on board
- Change of clothes
- Second pair of trainers (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Minimum age for kayak: 8 years old
- Minimum age to participate alone: 12 years old
- Physical health
- Swimming ability