To enjoy the enchanting scenery of the Dronne, a green river in the Dordogne, this 8km canoe tour from Fontaine d'Amour is the most recommended. Between relaxing landscapes and a beautiful historical heritage with the village of Brantôme, nicknamed the "Venice of the green Périgord", you will spend a magical moment in the heart of one of the most beautiful regions of France. Moreover, because of its very calm flow, the river is perfectly suitable for an excursion with children.
We meet at our base 1km from Brantome 15min before the booked time (departure of the shuttle bus). You will find a large free car park on the spot. You will be greeted by our team who will give you your equipment (boat and life jacket) and explain the safety instructions. Then you will board our shuttle to reach the starting point of the tour.
The tour starts 6km upstream from Brantôme. You will paddle quietly along the Dronne river, passing under the vegetal arches formed by lime and ash trees growing on the banks. Forget all your worries and enjoy the serene atmosphere of the river until the picturesque village. You will pass by the Abbey of Saint-Pierre de Brantôme founded, according to legend, in the 8th century by Charlemagne, pass under the many bridges and simply enjoy the green surroundings. You will have to pass a few dams and slides but no difficulty on the horizon! Then you will leave the village behind you and join once again the bucolic scenery of the Dronne for another 2 kilometers.
You will return to the base approximately 2hrs after leaving. On site you can then enjoy our picnic area if you wish. Don't leave without visiting Brantôme, by foot this time!
- River: Dronne (Difficulty level: Class I)
- Description: the Dronne is the emblematic river of the Périgord Vert. Its calm flow makes it an ideal river for canoeing, discovering its biodiversity, its heritage, with villages of character like Brantôme, and its past activities with its many mills.
- Route: 6 km upstream from Brantôme to the base
- Distance: 8km
- Total duration: 2.5hrs
- Time on the river: 2hrs
- Number of people per canoe: up to 3
- Canoe or kayak, paddles, life jacket
- Transfer to the starting point
- Car park at the base
- Waterproof container
- Dogs allowed on board
- Change of clothes
- Second pair of trainers (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Minimum age for kayak: 8 years old
- Minimum age to participate alone: 12 years old
- Physical health
- Swimming ability