The PADI Open Water Diver course in Mykonos is for those who have always wanted to dive and plan to do so more often in the future. This course combines theoretical knowledge and practice. In just 2-3 days this course will enable you to dive safely and independently.
The Open Water Diver can be completed from the age of 10 and is suitable for beginners. You do not need any previous diving experience for this course. The waters around Mykonos, and especially around Lia Beach, offer the ideal conditions for diving: The crystal clear water gives you the best view of the underwater world and its inhabitants. Among them are colourful schools of fish, starfish, crabs or maybe even an octopus.
The PADI Open Water Diver qualifies you to:
- Dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters/60 feet
- Plan and execute dives with a certified buddy
- Rent or buy diving equipment worldwide
Meeting point & preparation- eLearning:
You don't need any previous diving experience, except for the e-learning course: you must have already completed the e-learning in advance to participate in the practical part of the course. You will be sent the link to the correct course after booking. You can easily buy the e-learning material directly online. Please bring the certificate for the completed online course to the dive center on the first day.- Kick-Off:
We meet at 10:00 am
at the dive centre at Lia Beach in Mykonos
. Here you will get your equipment and we will discuss the exact schedule for the day. At our centre, you will have to fill a Medical Form that will allow you to participate in the activity. In the case of any health issue, a doctor's permission is also required. After a short introduction and safety talk, we can start diving right away! Here you will learn the correct use of the equipment up to your first dives. In this course, you will do 4 open water dives. 2 will be in shallower water, the other 2 in deeper but safe water
. These dives will take place just outside the dive centre around Lia Beach
. Our experienced guides
know the best places to dive, away from the tourists. During these dives, you will learn how to handle the equipment and get to know the new situation in the water. We put great emphasis on your safety, therefore there is a maximum of 4 participants per guide
in the group. After the first dive we will take a break and then do the second dive (the dives will be divided between the course days depending on the weather and the participants). After completing the course, you will be authorized to dive to a depth of up to 18 metres
. At the end of the day, we return to the base to clean our equipment. If you are looking for a well-deserved refreshment after diving, there is a restaurant right on Lia Beach.
- 4 Open Water dives (2 in shallower water and 2 in deeper water).
- Dives to a maximum depth of 18 meters/60 feet
- Plan and execute dives with a certified dive buddy
- Certified PADI Instructor
- High quality diving equipment (complete equipment for diving: Wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights).
- PADI registration & certificate
- Photos (subject to availability; we will send you them by email)
- PADI e-learning material; 195€ (You will be sent a link to the correct course after booking. You can pay for the material online or on site)
- Swimming ability
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- People wearing glasses should feel comfortable with contact lenses