An unforgettable day awaits you on the Dronne river with this easy and scenic 12-km canoe tour in BrantômeVenice of the green Périgord". Ideal for an outdoor outing with family or friends, this canoeing trip presents no difficulty but will reserve you its share of surprises and fun!
We meet at our base 1km from Brantome 15min before the booked time (departure of the shuttle bus). You will find a large free car park on the spot. You will be greeted by our team who will give you your equipment (boat and life jacket) and explain the safety instructions. Then you will board our shuttle to reach the starting point of the tour.
The morning tour lasts 2hrs and starts 6km upstream from Brantôme. You will paddle quietly along the Dronne river, passing under the vegetal arches formed by lime and ash trees growing on the banks. Forget all your worries and enjoy the serene atmosphere of the river until the picturesque village. You will pass by the Abbey of Saint-Pierre de Brantôme founded, according to legend, in the 8th century by Charlemagne, pass under the many bridges and simply enjoy the green surroundings. You will have to pass a few dams and slides but no difficulty on the horizon! Then you will leave the village behind you and join once again the bucolic scenery of the Dronne for another 2 kilometers to our base. There you can have a picnic break before taking your canoe back in the afternoon to continue down the Dronne to the Moulin de Grenier, for a 1-hour round trip. The mill is a testament of the river's past revolving around wood and especially chestnut wood. Once you reach the watermill, it is time to turn back.
You will return at our our base directly where you can give back your equipment. Don't leave without visiting Brantôme, by foot this time!
- River: Dronne (Difficulty level: Class I)
- Description: the Dronne is the emblematic river of the Périgord Vert. Its calm flow makes it an ideal river for canoeing, discovering its biodiversity, its heritage, with villages of character like Brantôme, and its past activities with its many mills.
- Route: 6 km upstream from Brantôme to the mill of Grenier and back to the base.
- Distance: 12km
- Total duration: 4.5hrs
- Time on the river: 3hrs
- Number of people per canoe: up to 3
- Canoe or kayak, paddles, life jacket
- Transfer to the starting point
- Car park at the base
- Waterproof container
- Dogs allowed on board
- Change of clothes
- Second pair of trainers (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Minimum age for kayak: 8 years old
- Minimum age to participate alone: 12 years old
- Physical health
- Swimming ability