In the deep blue waters of the magnificent Lake Annecy, our freediving courses allow you to learn how to dive to unimaginable depths without the help of a scuba tank. From beginner to expert level, you will be able to progress in depth and length with each of the exercises and improve pressure equalization in your ears. This elaborate training offers you a safety and support by an experienced professional who will help you overcome your fears and push your physical boundaries.
The FFESSM Free Diving Course qualifies you to:
BEGINNER *: you will master the basics of freediving in open water and will be able to freedive independently to a depth of 6 m.
ADVANCED DIVER **: you will be able to freedive independently to a depth of 25 m. This is the level required to enter competitions.
EXPERT DIVER **: you will be able to freedive independently to a depth of 40m. This is the level required to be able to become an instructor.
Programme- On-site theory lecture:
Theoretical lessons are held each day between the different practice phases and represent about half of the total time. We will teach you the different types of equipment, the physiology of the freediving athlete and the laws of physics related to pressure. In addition, you will learn about the environment and how to take an eco-responsible approach to your diving activity. During each session, we will remind you of all the safety rules so that you can gain autonomy with each exercise. - Kick-off:
We will meet you every day directly at our base located on the Marquisats beach
. Once you're fully equipped, we will give you instructions according to your level of training. You will perform static, dynamic and vertical freediving exercises along a rope with rest time between the different types of exercises. Finally, we will cover different rescue techniques in groups of two or three. During all courses, your instructor will ensure your safety.
BEGINNER FREEDIVER *
- Static free diving: 1 min 30
- Dynamic free diving (swimming): 25 m
- Vertical freediving: depth of 10 m
ADVANCED FREEDIVER **
- Static free diving: 2 min 30
- Dynamic free diving (swimming): 50 m
- Vertical free diving: minimum depth of 15 m
EXPERT FREEDIVER ***
- Static free diving: 3 min
- Dynamic free diving (swimming): 75 m
- Vertical free diving: minimum depth of 25 m
- Certified free dive guide
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Freediving computer
- Practise in swimming pool in winter
- GoPro on request
- Minimum age: Beginner: 14 years old, Advanced: 16 years old, Expert: 18 years old
- Swimming ability
- If you wear prescription glasses, you need to be comfortable wearing contact lenses