Explore the deep nature of Madeira and discover the hidden beauties of the island! This canyoning experience in Ribeira das Cales is perfect for families who want to do an original outing during their holidays in Portugal. This canyon is situated in the Ecological Park of Funchal, so you will be able to observe an untouched piece of nature. Along the tour, you will find several abseils and jumps, you will also be to swim in large lakes and see breathtaking waterfalls!
Tour programme- Preparation:
We will pick you up at your hotel in Funchal, Machico or Caniço at the discussed time
. Meeting time can indeed be changed, depending on where your stay is. If you do not stay in one of those cities, we will arrange a meeting point and time by phone. Then we will drive to the canyon. Once arrived, we will suit up and your certified instructor will brief you for the activity. - Tour:
After a 5-min walk, your canyoning experience will finally start in the canyon Ribeira das Cales, at Chão da Lagoa in the Ecological Park of Funchal. Then you will have to overcome different obstacles such as non-mandatory jumps into beautiful lakes and waterfalls, up to a maximum height of 2m and 5 abseils of 12m maximum. - Return:
Once at the end of the canyon, we will walk for 25 minutes to reach the vehicle that will take you back to your hotel.
- Canyon: Ribeira das Cales
- Description: This canyon is located in the Ecological Park of Funchal, which makes it a natural masterpiece.
- Total duration: 3hrs
- Time in the canyon: 2hrs
- Abseiling height: 12m
- Jump height: 2m (optional)
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, neoprene socks)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer from your hotel and back
- A second pair of closed shoes (better if trekking shoes) to use during the activity (they will get wet)
- Possibility to rent shoes for the activity for €5 to be paid on site
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age : 8 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability