Have an exciting day with your family or your friends and discover Madeira as you have never seen it before. Our canyoning in Ribeiro Frio is the perfect mix of fun and challenge! During this tour, you will be able to abseil over breathtaking waterfalls and jump into beautiful lakes. Your adventure will take place in the Laurissilva Forest, one of Portugal's seven wonders! So explore the north side of Madeira with us and discover the unique landscapes the island has to offer.
Tour programme- Preparation:
We will pick you up at your hotel in Funchal, Machico or Caniço at the discussed time
. Meeting time can indeed be changed, depending on where your stay is. If you do not stay in one of those cities, we will arrange a meeting point and time by phone. Then we will drive to the canyon. Once arrived, we will suit up and your certified instructor will brief you for the activity. - Tour:
After a 5-min walk, we will finally reach our breathtaking canyon. Then, we will jump up to 6m maximum, swim in the beautiful lakes and abseil down waterfalls up to 18m. You will encounter 8 abseils during the whole activity. - Return:
Once at the end of the canyon, we will walk for 5 minutes to reach the vehicle that will take you back to your hotel.
- Canyon: Ribeiro Frio
- Description: This canyon is located in the Laurissilva Forest, which is a UNESCO world heritage since 1999.
- Total duration: 2.5hrs
- Time in the canyon: 2hrs
- Abseiling height: 18m
- Jump height: 6m (optional)
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, neoprene socks)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer from your hotel and back
- A second pair of closed shoes (better if trekking shoes) to use during the activity (they will get wet)
- Possibility to rent shoes for the activity for €5 to be paid on site
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age : 8 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability