Confident surfers who would like to refine their wave riding techniques can do so in the course of our advanced surf lessons at Gamboa Beach in Peniche. Seize the chance to ride the waves at one of the greatest surfing destinations in Europe, which regularly hosts competitions for the World Surf League (WSL). During the surf lessons in small groups of 4 participants per instructor, you learn new tricks and take your surfing skills to the next level. Our passionate instructors who are all certified by the Portugese Surfing Federation (FPS) will gladly share their knowledge about surfing in Peniche with you.
Meeting & Preparation
Meeting point is our surf shop
at Gamboa Beach. Here you are welcomed by your surf instructor, you can change your clothes and store your valuables. Then you will receive the appropriate surf equipment and we head to the beach. Normally we surf at the Praia da Gamboa
. If the conditions don't allow it, we offer you a free transfer
to a beach with better conditions. In total the surf lessons in Peniche last 2 hours per day, of which we spend an average of 1 to 1.5 hours in the water.
The start time depends on the tides
to ensure the best conditions, so please plan some extra time on the day of your surf lessons. The exact start times are available 2 to 3 days in advance
. We will inform you in time after you have completed the booking.
- Brief surfer diagnosis
- Review of surfing basics
- Paddling and turning for wave techniques (tricks and details)
- Priority rules
- How a surfboard works
- Distinguishing types of waves and techniques to apply on each of them
- The bottom turn and its importance for wave riding success
- The importance of the upper body for the bottom turn
- Techniques to pass the wave (duck dive)
- Surfing maneuvers: "off the lip" and "cut back"
- Wetsuit & surfboard
- Certified surf instructor
- Transfer an alternative beach and back to the base (if necessary)
- Changing rooms, showers & lockers
- Minimum age: 2 years
- Physical health
- Surfing experience